In the recent past communicating with your family and friends who are in a different geographical region as you was a long and tiresome process. You needed to go to the post office and mail a post card that would take days to get there. However, with the discovery of internet things have been made easy as you can communicate with your loved ones in a fast and easy way. With the creation of emails, sending mails has never been easy. Although there are many email providers and you can choose from, Gmail remains to be the most popular email address in the world. For you to start using the Google powered account, you will have to create account with the site. There are specific steps that you will have to follow.
- Go to Gmail.com; this is the official website. You will get a number of commands, click on gmail sign up.
- Personal information; you will be required to give out your personal information. This includes your name, starting with your surname. Give your date of birth and your gender.
- Choose an email address; choosing an email address is the most important part of the process. Choose an email address that is easy to remember.
- Choose a password; passwords protect your email account. So make sure that you choose a strong password. A strong password is one that contains a mixture of characters. Use both alphabets and numeric characters
- Confirmation: Confirm the password that you have entered.
- Carefully read the terms and conditions and then click on ‘accept’ if you agree.
- Verification of account: to verify, you will need to give out your phone number. You will then receive an SMS with the verification code. Enter that code and click verify and you will have successfully created an account. You will then receive a welcome email from the Google accounts team